Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, September 1, 2008

The MOST wonderful time of the year...

I've been singing all day. Scratch that. I've been singing since last Monday when the end was blissfully in sight. And now it's here! The MOST wonderful time of the year!

THEY'RE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!!

I love, LOVE being with my children. I love it. I love summer for the relaxed feeling, the lack of schedule, the lazy days and heading to the beach. However, I LOVE Back to School. I love shopping for new lunchboxes, bookbags, the school supply list, packing lunches and writing little love notes to the kiddles on them and yes, I even love waking up at 7 am. However, there is that pang of melancholy that my babies are growing up, one school year at a time...

Devyn will begin third grade tomorrow and I still so clearly remember her first day of preschool and peeling her little fingers off the doorjamb. Here we are on the eve of Girlfriend stepping into a new frontier of elementary school. To top that, she trusted me enough to pull a baby tooth tonight (note: this was not a pain-staking process--said tooth was hanging on in there by nothing more than air, I'm convinced). She is growing up and quicker than I'd like.

Aiden will start pre-k tomorrow and is THRILLED. He can't wait. He picked out his clothes tonight and chose khaki shorts with little green frogs on them and a green t-shirt with dinosaurs on it. He's ready, to say the least!

With that, here's to the new school year!

1 thing to ponder

Kim said...

This year I am in agreement, it definitely is the most wonderful time of year. I love summer too but for some reason, those last two weeks before school are horrible!

Glad the kiddos are enjoying it!