Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Save the drama for your mama...

I have a sign on me, I'm convinced. It says, "If there is drama involved in your life, lay it at my feet because I will swim in it". Seriously. It's either Neighborhood Drama, Life Long Friend Drama, and to add to the vat o' drama, there was Husband Drama yesterday; nothing serious--he injured his ankle while at work and it was all swollen and elevated last night. Still though, that counts I think.

Our neighborhood is having issues. I am friends with two women in our neighborhood, however, they are not friends with each other. Apparently, there was a throw-down at the bus stop today (I wasn't present for, but WOW did I get the 411 on it). Then, after I got home from dropping Aiden at school, one member of the throw down showed up on my door to tell me her side, while my mobile phone was ringing--the other member of the throw down was calling to tell me her side. Ho.Ly.Smokes. I left high school, oh, about 15 years and 3 months ago. Enough!

On top of that, my closest childhood friend is going through some major relationship drama and I hear about it. A lot. Not that I don't want to help her, and listen to her, but it's getting to the point where it's a bit much.

This is one of the joys of deployment. Not only does everything hit the preverbial fan, but the fan is buried in it, and can't rotate. It's madness. It's also expected. With every deployment, it's basically six plus months of Murphy's Law. However, enough complaining. Below are some good things that have happened this week:

1. Devyn and Aiden love school, and I'm so elated for them!
2. I am not yet tired of making lunches.
3. The new 90210 was not as bad as I thought it would be.
4. Sarah Palin.
5. Sarah Palin.
6. Sarah Palin.
7. Hurricane Gustav spared Nawlins.
8. I found a Gymboree outlet close by. Must.Stay.Away...
9. I got all the laundry finished. Almost...
10. The dvd player is working again!

And to end on a funny note, Aiden introduced me to two new little friends in his class on Tuesday. Two sweet, lovely little girls. He asked me in front of them if he could have a playdate with them and I said we'd have to talk to their mommies. They jumped in and said ,"Oh no, we want to have a sleepover with Aiden"! Again, I said I'd have to talk to their mommies. So we got in my car to drive home and I asked him, "What do you think Mama would say to you having a sleepover with two girls"? He said, "You'd probably say that's not a good idea". I told him that was right, and then I asked:

"What do you think Daddy would say"?

"Daddy would say...Way to go"!

3 things to ponder

hookemhorns said...

Sorry about your Hokies (not really) and

HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plenty of room and no drama in Ashburn, move up any time.

Megan says hi.

Why would she share your blog site with me I will never know. She knows what I am capable of.

Kim said...

NO WAY did he say that! That is hysterical! Smart boy!

I am laughing at the throw down at the bus stop. Do you live on Wisteria Lane?

Oh the new 90210! I miss the old one but I stay tuned to see Brenda and Kelly. :)

(I am not a fan of numbers 4,5 and 6 lol)

Joby and Marla said...

I am rolling with laughter about the sleepover & your son's comments concerning it. Too Cute!!!

I myself don't care much for drama but somehow the world wouldn't revolve without it.