Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Whooped Cookie...

...is exactly what I am. I have been through nearly every possible event during this deployment. I've survived projectile child-vomiting, fevers, raging nightmares, tornadoes, tornado warnings, a tropical storm/hurricane, varmints, critters, soccer season, ballet season, one vacation by myself with both kiddles, and countless other things. I had hoped I'd seen the worst of it. Not so. Sickness. Illness. Massive allergies. Me. Ugh.

It happened Friday night when I started feeling icky. I was pretty sure it was allergies--I suffer from SUCKY seasonal allergies--but when I woke up yesterday morning, my head weighed more than my body. Mis.Er.Able. I spent the whole day in bed, except for the 40 minutes the kiddles and I loaded in the car and went to Costco specifically to buy Claritin which usually helps. Popped one while standing in the line waiting to pay for the thing. It. Didn't HELP!!!!!! How is that possible? The one thing that always works, failed to work, on the one day when both kids were at home and wanted attention and I couldn't give it to them. I tried, and I kept trying but I knew things were going downhill quickly when Sweet Girl looked at me and said, "Ohhhh Mama. Just go to bed". So I did that, and then I did that again on Sunday. And this morning after taking Aiden to school. And it's only 2:30 pm. I'm definitely coming down with something...

Oh...the humanity...

0 things to ponder