Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Take a Big Whiff...that's the smell of change Baby!

So things they are a-changing in the fam. What, pray tell, could usher in even MORE change than we've already had? Plenty, dear friends.

1. We have made the (tough) decision to enroll Aiden and Devyn in a different school next year. Lots of reasons really. Primarily because God has blessed us with the opportunity to educate them in a manner we always wanted for them, so we are taking Him up on the offer. In addition to that, Aiden would not have had the same first grade teacher that Devyn was blessed--and I truly mean blessed--next year. She now teaches 2nd grade and while Devyn's teachers have been great following her first grade year, they have NOT been a Mrs.J. She.Is.The. POO. It breaks my heart that Aiden wouldn't have her next year--so, due to that and the aforementioned reason, the kids are both moving to a different school. Together, which they're very stoked about, I might add.

2. Mike has a new job in Naval Warfare. We are headed to an LHD, or Landing Helicopter Dock in the terms of a Naval Assault Ship. This means, NO BAHRAIN IN SEPTEMBER!!! WHOO HOOO! Hallelujah and praise the Good Lord.

3. I am venturing back to school to take a class in the language of medicine, which may be a stepping stone to a new career for me...I'm merely getting my feet wet right now, but so far it's a good, tepid temperature, and not too shocking to the spirit! When I was three years old, my "Grown-Up Job" was going to be nurse. That's all I wanted to be. Then, when I was around 16, I went insane and decided to major in something else entirely and I mean ENTIRELY different. I enjoyed it, but still, it's not where my heart lies. There is still a very, VERY large part of me tht wants to be in the medical field as an RN, so that's what I'm pursuing. Trust me, I'm scared to bits. I don't know what lies ahead of me...but, I do know I'll regret it for the rest of my days if I don't give this a good hoo-ra. I will either come out completely crazy as a June Bug or a bonafide Registered Nurse--either in Pediatrics or Obstetrics...

there's more, but it's bedtime for the kiddles...

1 thing to ponder

amarilis123 said...

Your children are beautiful!
Love Josh and Andrea Bocelli! Have you listened to Mario Frangoulis? What a voice!
He just released a new cd with duets with Justin Hayward, Lucio Dalla, Lara Fabian. Steve Balsamao (See jesus Christ Superstar in youtube) Alessandro Safina and others. The title is, Mario and Friends, What a wonderful World. It can be ordered from greekmusicshop.gr

Another wonderful tenor is Vittorio Grigolo. But Mario Frangoulis, Sometimes I Dream is my favorite.

Good luck in your studies!