Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Wish List

Remember when the Sears WishBook was ACTUALLY a BOOK and not a pamphlet? Such a travesty. Nearly ruined Christmas this year when the Target Wish Book was MUCH bigger than the Sears WishBook. I digress...

Wishes for this year...and there are nine of them...

1. That the scheduled deployment to Bahrain will be 90 days and NOT 180. Read: 3 months. NOT SIX.

2. That the Hokies will actually win a Bowl Game tonight. Because it's rarely happened before. I love them, but BOY do they choke when it matters.

3. That I will continue on my quest to truly simpfly our family life and spend more time together doing silly, fun family stuff.

4. That my children's confidence will continue to grow, and their understanding of God's love for them, as well as ours, will grow..and grow...and grow...

5. That the endeavour I am about to begin will be fruitful, and won't leave me shaking my head...

6. That my husband will continue to have a fulfilling Naval career...

7. That my extended family will find peace after losing my grandfather last month.

8. On a selfish note, that the four of us will be able to travel to London this fall after our scheduled trip was cancelled when the last deployment was extended.

9. Finally, for laughter, joy, sadness that makes us grateful, anger that makes us mature, and melancholy that makes us comfortable to fill our home and the lives of the four of us.

Happiest of New Year's to you!

2 things to ponder

Tracy said...

You got your Hokie wish! :-)
Great list!

Kim said...

Happy New Year! I hope all your wishes come true this year!

Kim