Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I hang my head in shame...

because I have no excuse for not updating for so long! My Lindsay has been after me--in not so subtle terms--to get my rear in gear and post something. Anything! So, here I am, six weeks later. Not a lot has happened really in that time, but it is good to be back here. Spring is starting to "sprung" in Virginia --now really, can you say "Spring is springing"? Um, no. So, it's "sprunging". It's slowly getting warmer, the birds are singing a little more and the days are longer. I spent the most spectacular weekend at my girlfriend's family's lake house in South Carolina this past weekend--ohhh...Heaven! Now, I should explain at this point, something about the area of Virginia we live in. It's very diverse. People from just about every state, every nation are here in some capacity dealing with the military. Therefore, southern culture kind of gets a little lost. If my true accent comes out around here, I would turn heads like a naked celebrity on the red carpet. My "Hi" would come out as it normally does when I'm back home: "Haaaa" (very short "i"). But I will tell you this: I was in my element this past weekend. I was with MY people--people who talk like I do, who thoroughly enjoy a good fried green tomato, who fully enjoy doin nothin but sittin on the porch with a glass of sweet tea and watchin the world go by. My girlfriend from South Carolina and I are VERY much alike--so much so that I think our other girlfriends who went with us--one from Arizona, one from Michigan, one from Ohio and the last from Texas--were gobsmacked that yes, we enjoy Fried Okra. We loooove our collards. And when I was making a thank you note for my girlfriend's grandparents, and wrote "Thank Yall"--my little Arizona girl said to me, "You spelled it wrong--shouldn't it say 'Thanks Yall'?" Yeah...no. Needless to say, it was a most wonderful weekend and the nine hour drive was completely worth it. I love my girls--and I'm looking forward to next years adventure to Lake Keowee!

2 things to ponder

anjarrett said...

I have been waiting for a new whitty Carrie post!! Finally, thank you! I'm also thrilled that the Spring has sprung!

Jen said...

glad to see you!