Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Friday, April 11, 2008

Coming up for air...

Tired. Bone. Body. Soul. Tired.

The past week has been a good one--no major drama to report, but between visits from both sets of grandparents, Aiden and his projectile vomit (yeah--he finally did), soccer pictures at 7 am on Saturday morning (which I'm convinced is some sick way to legally do a parental bloodletting...more on that in a sec) and finding a dog to adopt, I. Am. TIRED.

So. Saturday morning soccer pictures. That whole experience was just priceless, and not in a good way. The kiddles and I were out the door at 6:45 am. Devyn's pics were scheduled for 7:30 am (we had to be there at 7) and A's were scheduled for 8:30. Oh, and it was raining outside and 41 degrees.

We arrived at the school cafeteria, better known as the holding cell to wait for our turn in the gym. Now, every other soccer team in the league (there are 72 teams in all) has their pictures taken that day, and EACH child has his or her picture made as well. You see where this is going. Devyn's pictures were finally taken at 8;30, Aiden's at 9:35. We got home at 10:15.

The bonus in all this was that I stopped to get the kids a hot chocolate at Starbucks and picked up a Berryblossom White Tea for myself. This stuff must be the nectar of the gods, if there were gods, which there aren't so that just means more for me. That one Tall White Tea dissolved the stress of the day, of the week and of the past 8 weeks. It was just me, my sweeties, and the tea.

Since then, I've had three more, and I'm currently sipping one as I write. I think the point is, no matter what it is, we have to find our diffuse switch in life; that thing that melts it all away. Our own personal Calgon if you will. I'm still tired, but I'm thinking about what the British midwives would bring me after I had Aiden--always with a smile, I'd get tea and wheat toast at 1 am (they knew that's when I couldn't sleep) and they'd pat my arm and say "Here you are Dear...the English fixall".

It's still fixing all...those Brits really know their stuff!

The doggie is coming home tomorrow, but I'll post about him later. My tea is calling...

1 thing to ponder

Kim said...

Seriously? 7am pictures? On a Saturday?! Whoever scheduled that must not have kids. Enjoy that tea, sweetie! You deserve it. ((hugs))