Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Friday, April 18, 2008

My makeover!

So I have this friend, Jen. Jen and I met when we were both sent to England on our husband's coattails within a week of each other. She and Jay had Jack, who was seven months old at the time, and Mike and I had Devyn, who was 21 months old. The first time I met Jen, we were walking down opposite sides of Baker Street on our way to eat lunch with some of the other wives from the guys' office. We ended up sitting next to each other at Wagamama and I knew that this person was someone I would probably be friends with for the rest of my life.

Jen and I have been through some truly wacky, yet precious moments together...she was the first one of my girlfriends to hold Aiden in the hospital after he was born...we kept Jack when she and Jay went to the hospital to have Annie, and then they returned because Caroline Anne had decided not to make her arrival...yet. Jen was the person I had my first Full English with two days before we left England and moved back to Virginia (it took me two years to have a Full English Breakfast!) and Jack was the only child to date, who has literally thrown up in my hands.

I just love Jen. We don't get to talk all that often, but we've kept up with each other over the internet. She was really the one who got me into this blogging thing--she inspired me through her and Jay's journey in adopting sweet Ben from China last October, and she continues to inspire me today!

She has just started a new business, and it's AMAZING. You're looking at her work! The Art of Living is Jen's new website design company. If you like what you see on my blog, PLEASE check out her website listed below.

Jen, thank you so much for knowing me so well, and putting what you know (and thanks for leaving out the "bad" stuff!!;) ) to good use on my blog. I appreciate so much what you've done--it's absolutely gorgeous. Love ya girl!

0 things to ponder