Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Sweet Life...

I got a call from Aiden's school about an hour and a half ago that I knew would come someday, be it with either Devyn or Aiden..."Hey Carrie, this is Tammy at Aiden's school...you need to come pick him up...he's pale and glassey-eyed and we think he's going to throw up any second".
I figured it would come some day (the phone call to come get one of them) because doesn't that call come to every parent? I thought we were just biding our time...it should be stated that in nearly 8 years of parenting, we've only had one experience with vomiting when Devyn was 3. After that, nothing...and nothing from my sweet boy yet.
I got to school and Sprout was lying on the floor on a nap mat and started crying when he saw me. He was very pale and just crawled in my lap and cuddled in...I drove home and laid him on me on the couch and he was asleep in under 5 minutes...He's now switched positions and is laying with his fuzzy Diego blanket, Kitty Cat Squeak (his stuffed kitty) with his little head half under a pillow.
So why did I call this post "the sweet life"? Because it truly is. I am so blessed to be able to hold him, to cuddle him, to make him feel even a little better...I wouldn't trade a day like today for any other because it causes me to slow down and just be what he needs me to be. The laundry will get folded, the floor will get vaccuumed, my business will be taken care of, but today I need to sit and be with my little boy for whatever he needs. He's only four once. Ending with a picture of my two boys taken on Christmas morning...Aiden's laughing at a book that I gave Mike for Christmas. I guess there's something funny about the complete unabridged works of Shakespeare! How great is that!

2 things to ponder

Jen said...

How does the Great Jack Puking Incident rate among your experiences? Who knew you were such novices??? Hope he feels better :)

-Jen

carriewithslah said...

Oh Jen...oh my GOSH! How could I forget about THAT! That was most definitely off the scale. Still managed to have a fun weekend though! Miss you girl!