Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's just something new every day...

So Monday, I'm taking Abbey Road (our new little pug) to the vet. I should mention that we live in a diverse, but fairly conservative area. This IS the South, after all...anyhow, I'm pulling into the shopping area where our vet is located and this sign catches my eye:

Open Now: Hookah Lounge and Bar.

Ok. Nice. WHAT? I'm as open-minded as the next open-minded person, but I came home and googled hookah straight away--it's a pipe. Ok, knew that. Apparentely ,it's a type of tobacco pipe and they flavor the tobacco. Good news--today's flavor is Peaches and Cream. Apparently hookah is gaining in popularity in several cities around the nation. Right. Getcha Hookah On!

I probably pretty naive. There are things that surprise me every single day--i'm not one of those people who will say, "Ok, now i've seen everything".... Currently, here are a list of my favorite surprises:

1. The Hookah Lounge.
2. The poor kid at Aiden's preschool who, at their spring program was dressed like Adam Rich from Eight Is Enough--down to the LONG bowl haircut and saddle oxfords and knee socks. Did I mention it was a little boy, and oh yeah, he was wearing a SMOCKED green a white all-in-one with BUNNIES on the front? Mercy. That kid is doomed...
3. The woman at Target yesterday BEHIND me in line to get the kiddles Slushees and she honest to goodness walked right past me and took her place at the register. In front of me. And then proceeded to argue about the price of a hot-dog. Needless to say, we came back after our shopping and completed our sale of one Crushed Melon Slushee and one Sour Cherry Slushee.
4. The whole Brangelina thing... Seriously confounds me.
5. American Apparel. Really? And they're making money off this stuff? People, you're being robbed...
6. Decaf Coffee. A big, fat WHY????
7. The thought that anything other than diet and exercise will lead to weight loss. Seriously people, fresh veggies and fruit, protein and a good episode of Shimmy off of Fit TV will do the trick. I'm not always the best at it, but I get it...
8. Jewelry TV. Have you seen this? I think it's filmed out of the basement of a VFW in Georgia somewhere. These people are nuts.

More to come later...

0 things to ponder