Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, May 19, 2008

A peek into a day...

I know that in 5, 10 or 15 minutes, I'll forget most of what gets said in this home on a daily basis, so I'm going to make note of it here, in an effort to record it so it won't be forgotten...

Aiden, put down that spoon before you poke your toe out...

No, we're NOT going to do double back-flips over the back of the couch at the SAME time...

Aiden! PLEASE answer the phone!"
"But I'm doing something Mommy"
"Yeah, what"?
"I'm making sure Bugs Bunny gets across the road before the evil Elmer Fudd hits him in the head with the hammer. It's GOT to be done, Mama".
(And there I am, rubber gloves on, elbow high in CLR having just cleaned the bathtub--and the phone is sitting in Aiden's LAP).

Yes. The cat's poop is like the dog's candy bar. (ewwwwwwwwww)

All I need is five minutes you guys...five minutes...just me and my flat iron...that's all I ask...

Mama. MAMA! Applesauce is MANADATORY! (yep...no misspelling there)

I promise you guys, if you don't straighten up and fly right, there WILL be a listing on Ebay with a very LOW buy-it-now price with BOTH your names on the listing...

Watch what you're doing because I am NOT going to the Emergency Room this morning. Or this afternoon. Or at all today.

Devyn. PLEASE do not hang upside down off the slide...

Aiden. We don't swim in the sandbox.

and my current favorite:
Hi, remember me, your mother? The one who laid on a table and gave birth to you in a manner MOST unlike any way I had planned and one that was MOST against my will? Remember that? No? Wanna see the video? Then...yep, THEN you'll be thankful...

And today's conversation over dinner went like this:
"Ok guys...if you were a super hero,what would your name be"?
Aiden : I'd be Super Indiana Jones Captain Aiden.
Devyn: I'd be Amazing Crazy Devyn.
Me: I'd be Super Wicked Cool Mom.
Devyn: Maybe you should be Squishy Mom.
Me: Why Squishy Mom?
Devyn: Cause you're just the teeniest bit squishy.
Niiiiiiiceeee.....

Week two of the Healthy Eating Plan begins tomorrow. And one Shimmy class. And NO chocolate...

0 things to ponder