Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Saturday, March 8, 2008

High School Memories relived on TV Land

I've been a fan of reality tv since it's very inception...way back with The Real World on MTV in 1993. It's come a long way, baby. I have a whole spewing list of reality tv I watch...most of which Mike just loves. Note sarcasm. He makes that puking face every single time I turn something of the the reality genre on. Of course HE watches reality tv as well...it's just in the form of NCAA Sports, and any soccer game on tv. That's a whole 'nother story though...moving on...

I'm hooked on a new one...High School Reunion on TV Land. Now, I watched the British version of this when we were in the UK. It's add.ic.tive. Gotta love it. It raises the question, would I want to go back and live high school all over again. Um...NO. I know those folks who say high school compiled the best years of their lives. Sad, really, in my humble opinion. What can possibly be good about raging acne, broken hearts, catty, backstabbing friends, stupid boys, insecurity, and all the other WONDERFUL things that came between the ages of 13 and 17? Yeah, seriously, high school just sucked. My mother keeps convincing me I should go back to my high school reunion. I didn't go to the 10 year, and I've got 5 years before I have to choose whether or not to go to my 20 year. The reason I wouldn't go is this: I highly doubt the majority of the people I suffered through high school with have changed much. Some have, and for that, I give them tons of credit. But I do know that a lot of them still live in the same small town and have the same friends that they did in school. There's honestly not a lot of people I would want to see. Maybe 5. 5 out of a graduating class of 173. Wow...

Anyway, I don't have any major revelation based on that siloloquy above...just me going on about thoughts in me head...as Mike would say, "It's all in me 'ead"...

I will end, however, with a list of my favorite reality shows:
Rock of Love (I was really into Poison in high school...please don't tell anyone)!
Top Chef
What Not To Wear
Project Runway
The Real Housewives...
America's Next Top Model
The Millionaire Matchmaker
Flipping Out

I could go on and on...and probably on, but I will say (in hopes to redeem myself) that I am really loving the History Channel right now too...although I guess high school is history as well.
Thank God!

1 thing to ponder

Beth said...

i LOVE America's Next Top model... although I think Tyra is a bit too much at times. The budding photographer in me loves the weekly photo shoot. I love seeing how they go about getting that perfect shot... or not. Ha!

I really enjoy reading your blog!!!