Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday Musings

I don't have a lot to write tonight, so here are some Carrieisms to amuse you with...

1. There are few things in life that good, authentic pasta cannot fix.
2. Crosswords are wonderful, but always better when done with someone you love.
3. Never underestimate the power of good wine, and good coffee.
4. Dessert is overrated.
5. There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women (courtesy of Madeleine Albright and found on my Starbucks cup from today).
6. Disney World IS the happiest place on earth.
7. Thanks to Dancing With The Stars, I now have a thing for Cristian De La Fuente and I don't have a CLUE who that is.
8. Life continues only, I'm convinced, because parents go into their children's bedrooms at night, they see them sleeping and like magic, the little rotten ones have transformed into the sweetest angels, and we parents suddenly have no memory of EVER having a rotten one, because in that moment, that sweet angel has NEVER been rotten.
9. Green and Blacks Organic Chocolate is what the angels eat in Heaven. It's just THAT good.
10. I can now fix a non-working microwave, a broken alarm clock and a constantly running toilet. I am neither electrician or plumber.
11. My favorite two places on earth are both parkbenches; one in Regents Park in London in front of the Boating Lake, and the other in Paris behind Notre Dame in a gated garden.
12. My favorite book is Wuthering Heights.
13. My favorite song is In My Life by The Beatles.
14. My favorite designer...HOW do you pick ONE? Ralph Lauren and Dana Buchman.

Ending tonight...Devyn has a dr's appointment in the morning to take care of the dermatitis above her lip. The poor sweetie...it looks awful, like she's burned it on something-badly. I managed to slough off all the icky skin tonight and coat it in Neosporin Lip Treatment, but that hasn't worked so far...hopefully it will be better by Easter!

0 things to ponder