Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Sunday, March 16, 2008

One Month Later...

Today marks one month done of this deployment and I can pretty well say that at least on this side of the water, no one is worse for the wear. Of course, we've had our moments, and those we've managed, but all in all, it's been a relatively quick month. In said last month:


I've had two (ONLY!!! two) meltdowns

Devyn has two less teeth in her head (courtesy of pulling them--not from a result of either meltdown)

Aiden's had one haircut

the grass has been mowed

we've been under three tornado watches and one warning

we've gotten a LOT of rain

the cat has thrown up twice

I've STILL not bought a People Magazine, and yes, at this point I'm beginning to twitch ever so lightly

I've watched a LOT of BBC America

I've prayed a LOT more than I normally do

one of our friends has delivered a baby

I just found out that TWO of our couple friends are expecting

and I've never been happier to hear my husband's voice than when he calls.


Mike, if you're reading this, please know how much I love you and how proud I am of you. I miss you endlessly, but the thought of you is never apart from me, nor are the prayers I petition for you. You are the love of my life, my best friend, my Calvin, my partner in crime, my absolute joy in life. Faith, hope, love!

To commemorate this event I'm leaving you with a picture I took about 10 minutes ago (3:15 est). Love you!!!

2 things to ponder

Beth said...

Oh, gosh! Carrie, you are extraordinary. I mean it. You are so strong and amazing. I am in awe of any woman who can do what you do. Wow.

And I love the pictures on the side of your blog. The one of Devyn holding Aiden when he was a baby was just too much. So cute!

Love you! I'm praying for all of you.

Kim said...

That is the sweetest picture ever! What a great idea! :)

BTW, I love your blog title. ;)