Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A message to someone very special...

There is someone who reads my blog pretty regularly who's had a bit of a rough go of it lately, so for that person, below are some words of wisdom, whatever they're worth...but I do hope they're comforting...

1. You are stronger than you think you are.
2. You have more strength, spirit and resolve than you think you do.
3. People will try to bring you down if they see you succeeding. It does not mean they'll be successful.
4. It depends on how you respond to them and their remarks that determines your success.
5. You are in the position you are currently in to do amazing things--all of which are part of God's plan for you. And they don't, I think, involve basketballs. And even if they do, they'll be amazing basketballs...
6. Those people who are trying to bring you down are in God's plan as well--I fully believe that--in order to refine you and to make you a greater witness for Him.
7. As everything in life, this too shall pass, and all this for now is only temporary.
8. Keep talking to me...I feel closer to you that way and it helps me to be able to help you.

You are such an amazing and incredible person and you inspire me every day, not because of what you do, but because of who you are. Everyone we know is praying for you--for your spiritual and physical strength and well-being and when you're in the depths, you have to hang on to that. You are loved--incredibly and massively loved. I'm leaving you with Scripture tonight that I've prayed for you today...I think it's very fitting right now.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

and this...

But I call to God and the Lord saves me.
Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress
and He hears my voice.
He ransoms me unharmed
from the battle waged against me,
even though many oppose me.
God, who is enthroned forever,
will hear them and afflict them--
men who never change their ways
and have no fear of God. (Ps. 55:16-19)

You are loved. Greatly, immensely, loved. I love you more than I could ever communicate to you. Faith, hope and love.

0 things to ponder