Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
~1 Timothy 4:12

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sleepy Saturday

Today's been one of those days when I just want to stay in my pajamas all day long. I don't feel like I'm getting enough sleep, and it's starting to wear on me. Of course, there's so much going on with the kids' schedules, I don't really have a chance to do nothing. Both started soccer practice today and unfortunately, both took a ball square in the face. No harm, no foul. They both came out of it with no lasting effects. We went to eat at Friendly's tonight--the kids' pick--not mine! Although I can throw down some ice cream!

Mike called tonight, and things are changing quickly with his location...he shipped back his cell phone tonight because he won't be able to call us for quite a while. I've really gotten accustomed to his 11 pm "goodnight" calls. I'm sorry that I won't have those to look forward to anymore. He said it really hit him tonight that I won't be just a phone call away, and I feel the same way. It's so much harder when I don't hear his voice--when I know that I can't pick up the phone and just leave him a message.

It's starting to really sink in with Aiden, I think. I read tonight in his little journal that he wrote, with Devyn's help, that "I really miss my Daddy, and I worry about him a lot". It breaks my heart that his little mind worries about his daddy--he's only four! He hasn't vocalized it to me, but I know he misses him. I just pray that the Lord will enable me to provide them with what they need until Mike comes home.

I guess I've written enough tonight. Maybe I'll be able to relax a bit.

0 things to ponder